The basic question that comes to every student’s mind today is – how to improve memory and concentration? If you have a good understanding of the topic, then it is easy to remember it by heart. You can speak about it fluently and write also with ease. So, one must not depend on mugging up topics to get a pass in an examination, memory techniques for studying but also, truly understand the matter in-depth for more clarity.
Last moment studying also doesn’t go well in this case. Assignment help is given to students to pacify this query and help them achieve good long-term memory.
How to increase memory power in students?
There are certain memorization techniques that could help in boosting concentration and getting better at studies. Following are a few such valuable techniques on how to improve memory and concentration:
- Organized Environment– If you sit in a clean and organized environment, then the mind will feel fresh and it is easier to frame and step by step, covering each topic point by point.
- Visualization – Whatever subject matter you read, it is good to develop one’s mind to an extent that the mind automatically creates a picture to frame that situation. In case it is difficult to visualize using texts, then a graphical, pictorial, or a group of videoed images can be seen online that could help to promote your own images to form of that particular subject matter. Assignment help online provides with a good knowledge of such learning on how to develop one’s mind to form visualizations. This entire method is known as the Method of Loci, which is scientifically proven to sharpen the memory and level of concentration.
- Use short forms and symbols– It is definitely not possible to remember a number of huge paragraphs and topics exactly point-wise. This is the most useful memory technique for studying In order to memorize a technique with the help of ideas, patterns, outlines,s, and images. In the technique, meaning is given to an ordinary language in an interesting way that can be remembered very well. It is easier to remember these ways.
- Revisions – The more you revise the more it can be remembered. A subject can be divided into different sections so that each section can be revised periodically. Three successful attempts of the revision can lead to strong memory power for that topic as per the scientists. Going through the main contents/points or the notes/highlighted lines can keep the topic refreshed in mind.
- Magnetic Modes of memory – using the senses to create a stronger memory power is the crux of this technique. Following senses are to be used in this memory technique for studying.
- Visual – meaning sight
- Kinesthetic – meaning touch
- Olfactory– using smell
- Auditory – meaning sound
- Conceptual – meaning ideas
- Gustatory – meaning taste
When you use all the above senses together, it helps to create a strong memory of the topic because our eyes are seeing the same data and our hands are reading to it. Our ears hear the same words that our brain conceptualizes.
- Keyword– Acknowledging keywords to remember the entire subject matter is another memory technique of studying. With one specific keyword, our mind is able to relate to the whole paragraph. Thus, this memory technique for studying also helps often.
- Different study locations– At times it becomes too monotonous to keep studying in that same space of the area. Changes always overrule the mind and get it a fresh start once again.
How to improve long-term memory in students?
In order to improve memory retention, it is important to follow the simple given below points:
- Focus & Concentration are the keywords for improvement in long-term memory in students. There are mind games and also practices like also e meditation which boosts memory and inculcates focus in whatever work you do. Students must stay away from distractions to focus.
- Staying organized is another way that helps to develop concentration. Highlighting keywords/lines and making appropriate notes helps.
- The mnemonic technique is the prime memory technique for studying. Assignment help Australia helps in providing with such knowledge of mnemonics which help the students to remember information easily. An example of mnemonics is to come up with a rhyme or a song or joke that could help in relating to the primary points of the subject matter.
- Rehearsals and Reviews of valid points that could structure the entire matter are very important to recollect information correctly. A repetitive review of the information would help the mind to develop visualization and gain the responsibility for work completion.
- In today’s world where an elaborative matter is already available through the internet, in the most interesting manner like in the form of images, videos, theories, and graphs, students are advised to check out online information for more clarity.
- Reading, writing, hearing, and seeing the required information altogether could help collectively focus on the subject with all the body’s senses and concentrate better. This helps the students to remember data for a longer period of time.
To conclude, although the above memory techniques for studying take time to become a habit, but once done many times, they tend to improve long-term memory and drastically change study habits forever.