Voice search is becoming more and more popular all over the world, which is why every website needs to be optimized for these. If you are not, you will not miss some potential customers, who want to buy the services or products available to you. Keep reading to find out some steps of optimizing your website for voice search.
Steps to optimize any site for voice search
- Creating FAQ Pages – If you do not already have a set, you need to make sure that you have a FAQ page for your website. This will allow you to answer questions about your business, products, or even services. These should be done in queries like format and should include your long tail keywords.
- Fast loading site – even if it doesn’t look like one of the things you do is to make sure that your page loads quickly. If it does not, you are more likely to lose subscribers, so shorten your videos and images so that they load faster.
- Local SEO Optimization – Another area where you need to optimize for voice search is local. The reason for this is that there are a lot of people out there who search with the words “near me” or “close to me” and if you are not on the map, they will remember. Also, make sure that you are using different words for your surrounding areas, including the city name or zip code.
- Schema markup – You should make sure that you are using schema markup as it can make everything easier in terms of locating menus and even prices. The more you use it, the easier the search engine will be able to find this information and it can help your site pop up on the results. Customers want to be able to search for a specific price range or even a dish on a menu and this will help them find your page.
- Long-Tail Keywords – Not only do you need to make sure that you are using your specific keywords, but you also need to expand them to long-tail keywords. These formats such as those in question seem more natural and are often used in voice searches. Find out which ones will attract more attention to your website and then expand them using local SEO terms and much more.
- SSL Secure Page – Another step you need to make sure that what you are doing is getting an SSL certificate for your website. This will help ensure that it is completely safe, which will not only help increase your ranking on search engines but also make customers feel safe. If they want to buy something from your page, they will want to keep it secure so that their data and personal information are protected. This is something that everyone will see, so go ahead and do it.
- Use short sentences and simple words – If your industry is complex, you want to make sure that what you are writing is simple. When it comes to creating a FAQ page, make sure that you are using simple words, if possible, and that you are using short sentences. No one wants to try to read something that is too long or something that they cannot understand, so make sure it is easy for beginners to read and understand.
It is extremely important that you are thinking about this when you are optimizing your website for voice search as they are starting to dominate the online world. If you are not doing this, you will not miss sales and potential customers.
There is a lot that you have to optimize for your website and it varies depending on technology and improvements. The latest method that you need to optimize is voice search and you should ensure the FAQ page. You also need to make sure that you are using long-tail keywords and local information for your business and mark-up schemas to allow them to find schema, dishes on the menu, and more.